Monday, December 12, 2011

The Sugarush, Bandung

It was just another trip to Bandung again... just right after the Christmas' celebration in our church, we went to The Sugarush.. Yup, it's a new cafe located in Braga area, near Wendy's. The place is quite eye-catching as the design is really unique, there is a "take me away" counter where people can easily buy breads from there. My friends and I were curious to see how the inside looks like.. and yes we were amazed by the interior. It's more to urban styles yet there is a classic touch as well... the ceilings in The Sugarush caught my eyes as soon as I entered the place as there are so many hanging lights on the ceilings. All of them were so classic and unique. I can say this place is really cozy to hang out with your loved ones :)





 
Okay.. enough about the interior thingy.. let's try the food here.. as soon as I look at the menu, I saw churros on the list.. so I immediately ordered it... there are 3 types of churros.. classic, savory and fiesta.. at first we only ordered 1 portion of Classic Churros, it was more like mini Churros and it served with brown sugar in a small bowl and the sugar itself have the taste of cinnamon as well. I dipped my Churros there and it's so superbly yummy.. The Churros were crispy and the sweetness of the sugar combined with cinnamon was simply perfect. As we really love the Classic Churros, we decided to order the Savory Churros and Churros Fiesta. The savory ones come with cheese dip while the fiesta ones come with chocolate dip. In my opinion, I love the Classic Churros and the Churros Fiesta most as the chocolate dip not too sweet, more like dark chocolate.

Then, other than Churros, we also ordered these:
Beef Baked Rice
Nasi Goreng Sugarush
Red hot Tuna chilly pasta
Chicken Buffalo
Chicken & Chips
Fried Champignon
As for the Beef Baked Rice, the sauce tastes like Bolognaise sauce and I really love the mozarrella cheese on top of it but in my opinion, this meal was not salty enough so it tastes flat. It goes to the fried rice and its fried chicken as well, it wasn't salty enough and I think it needs more seasonings as the taste was too soft but I really love the chicken satay, the peanut sauce tastes perfect :D
Then, after trying the baked rice and the fried rice.. now it's turn for the Red hot Tuna chilly pasta and wow.. I simply love this pasta.. it tastes HOT and they served it with a generous amount of Tuna.. yeayy.. I love it!
The fettuccine was also perfectly boiled.. not too soft and hard either.. it was 'al dente'.. :D
Next, we tried the chicken buffalo, it's so crispy...but I think it needs to be marinated with the seasonings a little bit longer because the meat was almost tasteless, only its cover tastes great. And for the chicken & chips, it was okay.. I love the mayonnaise :)
Last but not least, it's time to try the Fried Champignon... yup this is fried mushrooms.. I simply love this delightful fried mushrooms with mayonnaise on top  which made it tastes even yummier! I can say this is a must order menu if you visit The Sugarush!


And now.. it's time for desserts...!!
Peanut Butter Pancake
Mango Pure Crepes
Oreo Cake
Lemon Mango cake
Choco Avocado Cake

First dessert came to our table was the peanut butter pancake.. it taste so great that the pancake was so fluffy and it became so perfect when it blends with the vanilla ice cream, choco chips and the peanut butter. Definitely perfect if you're craving for something sweets. Next, was the pure mango crepes, that was just another great dessert that came to our table, I think this is the best crepes that I've ever tried in a cafe in Bandung. The mango sauce and the real mangoes mixed with the vanilla ice cream made this a superbly yummmm dessert!
And for the cakes.. I love the Lemon Mango cake.. it tastes fresh and light. The layers of the sponge cakes blend so well with the lemon mango cream. Then, for the Oreo Cake, it looked so tempting yet I think it wasn't yummy enough... I couldn't really taste the Oreo flavour. Lastly, the Choco Avocado cake.. for all the choco lovers out there, this cake surely could be your favourite cake, other than the choco flavour taste so strong, the avocado flavour was really strong as well.. this is definitely a "guilty pleasure" cake.. hahahaha

Overall, I love this place and surely will come again on my next visit to Bandung :)


Prices: 15K - 39K
Address: Jalan Braga no 83
               Bandung - West Java
               INDONESIA

               022 - 4236618

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen, I'm a sucker for sweet stuff and looking at your pics in this post makes me go ga ga! Haha...thanks for listing my blog here, will do so to on mine, check it out =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellyna, yeah.. you should visit it and try their Churros and Crepes as those are my fav ones and for the savory ones I love the Fried Champignon most.. and yes.. I've checked it and see my blog there. Thank you so much and nice knowing you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hUAAA...this place is on my list bgt, tp blom sempet bgt ke Braga, kmrn k bandung malah nongkrongnya di Green cafe lg gara2 seharian hujan..btw Churrosnya enak mana sm Cafe Churreria di Jakarta? salam kenal dr http://eatinguntildiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.. salam kenal ya.. :D
      ak sih lom sempet nyobain Churreria.. tapi yg jelas ak demen banget sama churros di sugarush.. ak paling demen sama classic churros.. seporsi dijamin ga cukup, pasti nambah deh.. hahaha slamat mencoba :p

      Delete
  4. Waaa.. You are my saviour!! My sis and I are so curious to go there and planning to go there tomorrow for our lunch break. Thank you for such informative post :)

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stevia.. yes! you should try to dine in Sugarush and don't forget to try their fried champignon, mango pure crepes and the classic churros too.. well those are my fav ones in Sugarush.. :p

      Delete