Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rati Rati, PIK

It's time to try Rati Rati (Roll Cake from Japan) in PIK area. I was quite curious about this place for quite some time and here I am.. finally got the chance to try it.. :D

Green Tea Roll Cake
My first order was Green Tea Roll Cake with Green Tea Ice Cream. Every order comes with a scoop of ice cream (we can choose the flavour.. it's either Mango, Vanilla or Green Tea) and something like corn flakes (?). I think they gave the cornflakes to give a crunchy texture so when we bite the cake mixed with the ice cream and the cornflakes, it became quite a good combinations (soft, cold and crunchy). As for the cake itself, the texture was soft and light unlike our traditional 'bolu gulung' and the middle part was cream with bits of red beans, for me it was just okay and I barely tasted the green tea flavour. And for the ice cream, it melted so quickly and it was very light. For me, there was nothing really special about this dish.

Premium Choco Roll Cake
 This was my next order, Premium Choco Roll Cake and I chose it to be served with a scoop of Mango Ice Cream. I think this one was much better than the Green Tea, the texture was more moist and thick. The cream in the middle part of the cake was also mixed with chopped nuts, I love the cream and it blended well when we eat it mix with the ice cream and the cornflakes. 

Chocolate Cardinal
Chocolate Kardinal was my last and the most favourite one among the other two. It was different with the others, this one came in puff pastry and chocolate cream in between it. I love the puff pastry, it's crunchy and the choco cream was not too thick and sweet as well, tasted so perfect with the vanilla ice cream and the cornflakes.

Overall, I think the place is great for chilling with friends but for my taste, the dishes I've tried were all just okay. Well, just drop by to Rati Rati if you have the chance, who knows.. it was just me who have such opinions :)

Price: 28K - 140K
Location: 
Jl. Marina Indah Raya
Rukan Cordoba blok G no.5
Bukit Golf Mediterania
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Telp : 021-56945804
(Near Lekko / Teko)

2 comments:

  1. you make me want to eat that... :) Nice review but PIK just so far far away from my house ;p

    http://beforewehungry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovebbi! yeah u should go to PIK, there are soooo many cafes and resto u need to try.. :P

    ReplyDelete